European Foundation
for the Improvement of
Living and Working Conditions

The tripartite EU agency providing knowledge to assist
in the development of better social, employment and
work-related policies

EU PolicyWatch

Database of national-level policy measures

Eurofound's EU PolicyWatch collates information on the responses of government and social partners to the COVID-19 crisis, the war in Ukraine, rising inflation, as well as gathering examples of company practices aimed at mitigating the social and economic impacts.

Factsheet for measure PL-2020-12/1774 – measures in Poland

Netguru: Remote working and well-being at IT company

Pracac zdalna i dobrostan pracowników w Netguru

Country Poland , applies nationwide
Time period Open ended, started on 16 March 2020
Context COVID-19
Type Company practices
Category Protection of workers, adaptation of workplace
– Teleworking arrangements, remote working
Author Jan Czarzasty (Warsaw School of Economics) and Eurofound
Measure added 10 February 2021 (updated 19 February 2021)

Background information

Netguru is a Polish software development and software consultancy company founded in 2008. Headquartered in Poznań, Poland, the company has 9 local offices in seven locations: Poznań, Warsaw, Wrocław, Białystok, Kraków, Gdańsk and Katowice. Currently, the company employs over 650 people across the country.

In March 2020, Netguru established a special project group responsible for implementation of new procedures and systematic internal communication within the company. All nine local offices were closed and all employees started to work from home.

Content of measure

Before the pandemic, the company had its remote working policy. About 40% of employees worked from home permanently, and the remaining 60% combined it with working in the office. Since March 2020, Netguru’s remote working policy has developed; it includes, among others, the following measures:

  • To ensure the comfort of remote work, the company provides appropriate equipment (keyboards, monitors, armchairs etc.) to work from home;
  • Recruitment process is held remotely via Google Meet;
  • Health and well-being measures, including morning stretching every day, yoga classes, online meetings with workmates addressing their interests (Netguru After Hours), mental health issues support via Slack;
  • A new application Donut chat, which pairs workmates and creates a space for conversation on Slack;
  • The HR team provides information about professional and non-professional webinars and trainings.

Use of measure

All Netguru departments and employees.


  • Health and safety
  • Telework

Target groups

Workers Businesses Citizens
Employees in standard employment
Does not apply to businesses Does not apply to citizens

Actors and funding

Actors Funding
Company / Companies

Social partners

Social partners' role in designing the measure and form of involvement:

Trade unions Employers' organisations
Role Unknown No involvement
Form Not applicable Not applicable

Social partners' role in the implementation, monitoring and assessment phase:

  • Unknown
  • Main level of involvement: Company level


Not available.

Views and reactions

Not available.

Sectors and occupations

    • Economic area Sector (NACE level 2)
      J - Information And Communication J62 Computer programming, consultancy and related activities

This case is not occupation-specific.


  • 05 June 2020: Czy życie rekrutera IT zmieniło się w czasach pandemii? Wywiad z Martyną i Kasią z firmy Netguru, cz. 1 (
  • 12 June 2020: Czy życie rekrutera IT zmieniło się w czasach pandemii? Wywiad z Martyną i Kasią z firmy Netguru, cz. 2 (


Eurofound (2021), Netguru: Remote working and well-being at IT company, measure PL-2020-12/1774 (measures in Poland), EU PolicyWatch, Dublin,

Eurofound publications based on EU PolicyWatch

19 May 2022


Working life in the COVID-19 pandemic 2021

This publication consists of individual country reports on working life during 2021 for 28 countries (the 27 EU Member States and Norway).


24 June 2020


COVID-19: Policy responses across Europe

This report aims to present an overview of both large-scale government measures and collective agreements that impact on large groups of workers.

16 June 2022


COVID-19 in the workplace: Employer's responsibility to ensure a safe workplace

Throughout 2021, the second year of the COVID-19 pandemic, specific occupational health and safety rules were reintroduced due to increases in infection rates.


16 June 2022


Back to work after COVID-19: Testing, vaccines and green certificates

In the second pandemic year 2021, access to one's place of work was increasingly dependent on providing proof of either having been tested, vaccinated or recovered from COVID-19 in several countries.

Disclaimer: This information has not been subject to the full Eurofound evaluation, editorial and publication process.