Eurofound's EU PolicyWatch collates information on the responses of government and social partners to the COVID-19 crisis, the war in Ukraine, rising inflation, as well as gathering examples of company practices aimed at mitigating the social and economic impacts.
Factsheet for measure BG-2010-17/2647 – Updated – measures in Bulgaria
|Bulgaria , applies nationwide
|Temporary, 22 April 2010 – 31 December 2015
|Restructuring Support Instruments
|Legislations or other statutory regulations
Reorientation of business activities
– Change of production/Innovation
|Ekaterina Markova (IPS-Bas) and Eurofound
|23 June 2022 (updated 01 April 2023)
Development of a National Export Internet portal supporting Database of Bulgarian small and medium enterprises with export potential.
The national export portal is financed within the project "Promoting the internationalisation of Bulgarian enterprises" which is in force until 22 April 2014 under the Operational Programme "Competitiveness" and is worth BGN 27.396 million. BGN 14.212 million is to be used in the next 12 months.
The National Export Portal promotes the internationalisation of Bulgarian SMEs and offers the following services:
It is a national initiative - supported, managed and organised by the Executive Agency for Promotion of Small and Medium Enterprises at the Bulgarian Ministry of Economy.
Data, provided by the Bulgarian SMEs Promotion Agency (BSMEPA), show that the portal was visited 176,915 times, with 111,172 unique IP addresses, between 2011 and 2014. Moreover, 808,260 pages were visited and the site has more than 6,000 registered users. The most regularly visited sections are those where the companies could search for international partners (9.7%) and the company catalogue (6.2%).
According to the BSMEPA annual report 2014, in 2014, 2,284 users made a new registration, 346,388 pages were visited, and 233 companies updated their registered profiles. The expert and consultant services that the portal provided in 2014 include 70 cases of market analyses and research, 22 expert consultations on request by registered companies, 39 requests by foreign companies searching for Bulgarian partners, as well as many publications and informative materials about various events for SMEs.
There is no available information about the usage of the portal after 2015.
According to the Bulgarian SME Promotion Agency, the portal assists the entry and successful positioning of Bulgarian enterprises in foreign markets by trying to improve their competitiveness. In 2010, 95% of Bulgarian companies had a low degree of internationalisation, while the remaining 5% could reach a medium level.
The portal provides specialised information and consultation to SMEs for export promotion. It acts as an intermediary in establishing contacts between Bulgarian SMEs and foreign companies, as well as in supply of goods and services. The portal maintains a database of corporate records of Bulgarian export oriented businesses.
|Does not apply to workers
|Does not apply to citizens
Social partners' role in designing the measure and form of involvement:
Social partners' role in the implementation, monitoring and assessment phase:
Eurofound (2022), National Export Portal, measure BG-2010-17/2647 (measures in Bulgaria), EU PolicyWatch, Dublin, https://static.eurofound.europa.eu/covid19db/cases/BG-2010-17_2647.html
30 January 2023
Governments across the EU continue to implement policies to support citizens and businesses in the face of rising food and energy prices caused by the COVID-19 crisis and intensified by the war in Ukraine. This article summarises the policy responses as reported in Eurofound's EU PolicyWatch database from January to September 2022.Article
12 September 2022
Although the worldwide pandemic situation had already disrupted supply chains and triggered increases in energy and food prices in 2021, the situation deteriorated in 2022 with the Russian invasion of Ukraine.Article
12 September 2022
This article summarises the first policy responses that governments across the EU have started to implement to support companies affected by the rising prices, and those with commercial ties to Ukraine, Russia or Belarus.Article
Disclaimer: This information has not been subject to the full Eurofound evaluation, editorial and publication process.